Thursday, March 20, 2008

Challenge of a 660 Perodua Kancil Car

Wow! What a challenge for 660 Perodua Kancil car. I went to Genting Highland on the 18 Mar 2007 to attend a mega conference. I drove my 660 Perodua Kancil all the way from KL. Prior to that I had been asking around a few of my friends to find out the road condition that leads to Genting. I was very happy to know from a few of my friends that the road to Genting has been widened and very well maintain but there are few high slopes which are dangerous and I need to be careful. However one of my friends, Dylan had been persuavesively asking me not to drive my Kancil up the hill. I was quite disturbed at his advice although he meant to care for me. He ask me to park my car at the parking lot outside Awana Hotel which everyone knows as the "Half Mountain" because he was not convinced that 660 Kancil can climb up to the top of Genting and he ask me not to try as it is very risky. I become worried upon hearing his adviceI was worried about the way up to Genting and also the safety of my car if I were to park it at the open space. On that day, despite this negative advice, me and my wife decided to drive our car straight up to the top of the hill. Yes, what Dylan said was right. Although the road to Genting has been widened but it was steep for my Kancil. I have to drive with low gear almost all the time until I reach to First World Hotel where I suppose to attend my conference. The riskiest part of my trip up to Genting was a 90 degree turning after the Awana which I did not notice as I was having a nice conversation with my wife. As I reach that corner which I was caught unnoticed, I tried my best to stop my car in a hurry and change my drive to 1st gear. With the 1st gear to encounter the 90 degree turning with a 30 dgeree steepness its really a great challenge for me and my car. As I drove up the slope I found that my car become more and more weak than ever until it nearly off my engine but I thank GOD! I did not totally panic at that particular point. If I totally panic I will hit the clutch which I will let my car reverse down the slope. Very thankful that day that I manage to let my car engine stayed alive and went up that slope. Never gonna forget this encounter! After 3 days, another type of challenge come to me and my Kancil - to go down from Genting. Hooh! This is a terrible experience for me as I was afraid of height, I did not really have a good sleep in Genting from the day I reach there as I was worried how to drove down safely. As I drove down using low gear, fear just fill me along the way. My friend has advice me not use my brake often as it will hurts my brake but fear leads me to use it. With a combination of low gear and brake I drove with fear and to my dismay I smell tyre burning smell as I hits the brake on my way down. I also feel some mechanical movement as I hit my brake. All this further deepen my fear of crashing. I was praying asking GOD to protect me. I was thankful that GOD heard my prayer and leads me down the hill all the way and now I'm safely at home. As I was writing this experience, my wife drop by and asked me what do I learn from this experience and what I would like to tell my reader and what can they learn after reading my story.....Lessons to learn :-
1. I will never drive my 660 Kancil up to Genting again.
2. Concentrate during driving and be watchful in front

3 comments:

Sweet Jasmine said...

hi..Albert...by looking at yr blog...i see that you are a new kid on the blog...thks for dropping by...

As for yr traumatic experience...it is like 'once bitten twice shy'....glad God answer yr prayers....Happy blogging.

Anonymous said...

Drive kancil to Genting? Keng...

bokjae said...

Haha! I think is the driving skills here more than the terrain! Maybe Perodua gives you an Award! Tell them albert!